REALLY SIMPLE

Really-Simple

It’s been awhile since my last comic post. I’ve been simplifying and it got complicated.

In fact, I’ve organized my entire studio space and now I can’t find anything. Ha ha!

Life is good. The iPad Pro may not be “simpler” to use than the Surface Pro but it sure is more fun. And that’s worth the switch.

Until next toon,

Pamo

This entry was posted in Comic, Humor Story, Improving skills, Webcomic and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to REALLY SIMPLE

1. IPad Pro! Is that the new big one?

2. Carrie Rubin says:

Sounds like some chocolate is in order, Pam. And some kitty hugs. (As if cats would ever do that…)

Great comic today, so at least you’ve still got your mojo, even if the tech stuff has a learning curve. 🙂

• Pam Huggins says:

Ha! I just discovered this afternoon that I had locked one of my cats in the garage without food for nearly 16 hours. He at least let me hug him and then I fed him a large plate of food.
      Thanks Carrie! I showed Jeff the comic the other night and he laughed then said, “You’re back.”
      I hadn’t considered my need for chocolate. Hmmmm…. I think you’re right! 🙂
      Hope you are having a great weekend. Enjoy the spring!

• Carrie Rubin says:

Thank you. And poor kitty. Bet he’ll treat you like a queen now. He won’t want to get banished again. 😉

• Pam Huggins says:

It was like a perfect storm of not seeing kitty. I had no idea he was in the garage and left for work without knowing. Then by the time I started looking for him, the garage was the last place I thought of. He’s been hanging really close ever since. (He’s seventeen… so he probably slept the whole time and snacked on spiders. Fortunately he did have water.)

3. Patty Phipps says:

Looks great! The colors are so vibrant! And the humor is terrific!

4. Tony McGurk says:

Simplicity is the key. Unfortunately complicatedness is the lock.
    I have a barely used Wacom tablet sitting in the box on my computer desk. I just couldn’t do the hand eye coordination thing. Stickin’ to my sketchbook

• Pam Huggins says:

I never could get the hang of the Wacom tablet either. It was just too awkward and I’ll admit I never worked with it long enough.
      A sketchbook is the ultimate tool!
      Thanks Tony- nice to see you.

5. captelaine says:

I have the iPad mini… and a wacom pencil, and a 53pencil… I’ve tried a couple of drawing programs… and well I’m with Tony… real paper and pen for me… Is this new iPad heavy?

6. Daniel Nest says:

Yay! Pamo is back! I did drop by a few times over the weeks and didn’t find new comics. Sulked. Came back now, and here we are!

Good luck with the Pro!

7. webdonut says:

Looks good whatever you’re doing. Definitely worth making changes and learning new things always. I had a lot of time off myself for a big house remodel. I was in way over my head and have finally come up for a little air.

• Pam Huggins says:

Wow! House remodeling is a huge project! I bet that in the end, it’s all worth it. Enjoy!
      Thanks for stopping by and I’m glad you’re back posting cartoons after your very short break.

8. Nef says:

What drawing app do you use? I’d be interested in the pad thing.

I draw with a tablet, and it took me a while to get the eye-hand thing, like Tony said, but not as long as I expected (not that I’m super coordinated now, I still draw better on paper, but the difference is less noticeable)

Brains are surprisingly elastic, even at the tender age of 47.

• Pam Huggins says:

The app I used for the above comic is Procreate. It functions very similar to other graphic programs but is more intuitive for the iPad. I’m still getting use to it- but really like it’s versatility.
      I did do the panel set up in the Comic Life app- then sent that framework to Procreate. I started to do the words in Comic Life- but decided to continue with hand lettering.

I think trying new things keeps our brains young. I’ve got you beat by a few years… 🙂
      Thanks for stopping by!

• midtoon says:

Thank you for the info. I would like to check the iPad as a drawing platform, but purchasing one for experimenting is a little beyond my means (or my willingness, if you will). When I started using a tablet, I thought I’d never overcome the hand-eye disjunction, so I started saving 50 dollars a month for a CINTIQ, which was priced at USD 2000 at the time. By the time I raised all the money, I had gotten used to my unknown brand 80 dollars tablet and decided that I could put the money to a different use.

As a side note, I am reading through your archives and they are kind of addicting. Shame on you for making ME read!

Seriously though, I identify with your ambivalence between writing and drawing. I love both and wish I had more time to engage in them, but alas, there is still that pesky little thing people call a day job…

• Pam Huggins says:

I’m honored you read through some of my past stuff. Thank you for letting me know.

I work to accept that I have a limited time to create and that I’ve got to pick and choose. Otherwise I spend too much time not accomplishing anything. We are both lucky we enjoy the writing process because the writing is the more important side of comics.
          What I love about comics is how it forces the writing to it’s most functional structure.
          (Hope that made sense.)

9. Binky says:

I’m not sure I could survive all that simplification! Old dog, no new tricks.

Liked by 1 person

10. ….Pamo changing how she does stuff, resulting in more delays & procrastination over drawing deadlines???….yay!…love the way you roll Pamo…and look forward to further prevaricating….(colours are looking awesome by the way)… : )

11. CPUGuy1 says:

WELCOME BACK! WHOO HOO!!!
    Good to see a post and know you are still out there.
    Will not say I was worried of seeing another new Pamo’s World Comic in the next 3-6 months, but I had moved the PWC bookmark into the secondary Web Comic folder 2 weeks ago. The folder I look at once a month.
    But It’s Back In The Read Daily Section!!! WHOO HOO!!!

Not an iPad fan. But will not put it down.
    If you start with an iPad, get use to it, and use it well, COOL! Keep up the good work.
    I started with a RCA, got use to it, work with it well and like it. Have not worked with the iPad, so I will not compare.
    I have 2 RCA Tablets. One 7″, one 10″. (Use the 10″ four or five times [and increasing] more than the 7″.)
    It does take a little while to get use to new technology sometimes, even if it’s from the same company.

Give it 2 weeks. If it doesn’t feel as good as the last unit, it may not be for you. (BUT do give it at least a 2 week try.)

• Pam Huggins says:

Well- I am so happy Pamo’s World got moved up into your primary folder- I will work to keep it there. Thank you!

RCA makes good stuff. I have a RCA TV that is almost 30 years old and still works great. Only needed one repair and that was 15 years ago. I doubt I could find anyone to work on it now. (I assume it’s the same technology company- excuse me if I got that wrong.)

I’ve been anti Apple for some time- just because it seems like a snobby product. And the cost just seemed to high. But- I’ve been satisfied with the art apps so will persist. I still work on a PC as my main computer. I hope my iPad lasts as long as my RCA TV! 🙂