MEET THE STUBBORN KING

Stubborn-King-2016Jeff’s knee is doing much better. He still won’t wear his crown.

Until next toon,

Pamo

This entry was posted in Comic, Webcomic and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to MEET THE STUBBORN KING

1. Nef says:

He’s not being stubborn. He is limiting the load imposed on his knees.

2. captelaine says:

Sorry Jeff’s knee is bothering him, getting old is NOT for the faint of heart 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. S-o-o-o sorry to hear about the bad knee, but it’s nice to see you drop in. Long time. Hope everything else is fine. 😀 ❤ ❤

4. Take it easy Jeff! 🙂

5. Gail Pierce says:

Typical Kingly behavior! Another Stellar one!

6. lovetotsy says:

Give the king a ring, so he can wear it with quiet dignity 🙂

7. Timaree says:

Lol. My husband had an ear problem ( I won’t say “ache” because he says it only hurt a bit). The doctor said it was inflamed and gave him antibiotics. He wouldn’t take them for weeks and finally gave in when it just wouldn’t go away. And he only took them because he has to go back to the doctor this week for a recheck and doesn’t want to be told he’s been a bad boy. I do hope your husband’s knee gets totally better soon.

• Pam Huggins says:

Next time, secretly arrange to have the recheck appointment moved up for full motivation. You’ve got the Stubborn King in your house too!!!
      Thanks Timaree – your story gave me a good chuckle. I hope the hubs is feeling better now.

8. Carrie Rubin says:

Ha, I loved this. I have to admit, I can be stubborn like Jeff. Hmm, wonder if my husband will make a comic about me…

Hope you’re doing well, Pam!

9. Binky says:

That’s not being stubborn. It’s a risk/benefit analysis of the treatment options.

10. tame4455 says:

This is probably my all-time favorite PAMO’s World. I guess all of those years of you making Jeff get down on his knees and begging you for an allowance and beer money have finally caught up to him. -Or does this kind of thing only go on in my marriage?

11. Casually Employed says:

Excellent comic Pam! This one must have taken forever! I really like the perspective in panel 3 by the way. 😉

• Pam Huggins says:

Thanks Bill for your nice comment. It did take forever because I just kept dragging my feet. So finally, I just took a couple of weeks off.
      Thanks again- always a pleasure to hear from you! 🙂

12. CPUGuy1 says:

{Snerk!} Sorry, Jeff. No habit forming ingredient in the main 5 OTC pain relievers. Good try.

Pamo … keep an eye on him. And keep up the good story line.

• Pam Huggins says:

Love the SNERK!!! Very funny. Thanks for your great comment. Jeff is an endless source of stories… thank heavens. 😉

• CPUGuy1 says:

I used {SNERK} cause I have no idea how to describe the sound made when you are drinking something and you try to laugh (try not to laugh?) with your mouth still closed. It’s the situation one step before a spit take … (messy) Mind you, I didn’t make a mess this time. But I did feel the fizz effect, of the Pibb I was drinking, in my nose.

13. libby fife says:

Pam-

They learn this skill at Husband School. Mine learned it so well that he actually went on to get his Masters!

Hope Jeff’s knee feels better soon:)

14. Tony McGurk says:

Wow!!! Things really escalated fast from panel 9. The Stubborn King rules supreme!!!

15. Daniel Nest says:

Hehehee, the good old healthcare arguments.

I’m ashamed to admit this, but my underslept brain managed to misread “Advil” as “anvil.” Now, as you may imagine, I had a bit of a moment where I struggled to figure out how taking an anvil to the knee would help matters.

I blame the fact that I live in Europe and don’t come across the Advil trade name often. Yeah, that must be it.

PS: I want a crown too. Can I have a crown?!

• Pam Huggins says:

No- you can not have the crown. Jeff is the reigning stubborn king. 🙂 (Although he claims it is my crown.)

I wanted to use the universal “ibuprofen” but it was too unwieldy in the comic structure. I’m glad you suffered through. Anvils to knees are discouraged. Hahaha!

Thanks Daniel!

16. Gruhn says:

He may get addicted but my advice is forget the advil and stick with the M&M’s Jeff!

17. cpeterson915 says:

Hmmm…. M&Ms do make things better–especially peanut butter M&Ms. Yum.